"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass" Alma 37: 6

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

To all the mothers out there - Happy Mother's Day! To all the women out there that never got a chance to be a mother - Happy Mother's Day! You too have helped make a difference in children's lives! There are many women out there that taught me skills that made me who I am today. There are school teachers that taught me to love books, music, basic cooking, sewing, goal setting, and developing leadership skills. There are many other big and little things that many women in my life had taught me. I am so grateful for every one of them!



I would like to especially wish my mother and her mother a Happy Mother's Day! When I think of my mother, tears immediately come to my eyes. She is one valiant soul! She has a heart of gold, there are so many great things about my mother that I don't have room to share it all. Let me first start with Oma - my mom's mom - she taught me how to be organized, (which I am still working at!), how to work and do your best at it, how to be frugal (yard sales are the best!) and she gave the best back rubs! I am so thankful for Oma and her generousity. And now my mom.....where can I even start? She is my bestest friend ever! She's so beautiful, caring, giving, thoughtful, loving, fun, humble, righteous, a hard worker,....oh, I could go on! She is the perfect mother! I wish everyone could have her as a mother! I am so blessed to have her as my mother and friend. Now that I am a mother, I always reflect back on how my mom was with us and strive to be like her! I wish we could live closer to each other but Ma, you are always in my heart! I love you so much! Thank you for all that you put up with and thank you for your unconditional love!


Also, there is my dad's mom. I never knew her. My dad was only 4 when she passed away. But he told me that she is just like my mom. Just a sweet, sweet lady! I can't wait to meet her! Grandma Cone, I love you too and Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all!!

3 comments:

Layla said...

What a sweet post! Are you the little girl in the picture?

Anonymous said...

Your "Happy Mother's Day" greeting and all is sooo special! Thank you very much. I really liked the pictures you included. I always thought that three-generation picture turned out good. It's one of my favorites. I, too, wished we lived much closer. I miss everyone a lot and wish I could come visit more often!!!

Anonymous said...

PS I also have lots of love for you and your family. I am so thankful for the good relationship I feel with all of you as well as my other children and their families.