"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass" Alma 37: 6

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Baseball


I have Alec in baseball this summer. He absolutely loves it! He has always had the desire to play and I thought he was pretty good at it too! I had signed him up for t-ball when he was 5 years old and then just never really got a chance to get him signed up again probably because of babies being born or just wrong timing. So now he's almost 13 years old, we decided to have him play no matter what. His team is called the Padres. When he found out that that was their team name he was so excited! This is the team that his dad loves because he's from San Diego. It's so much fun to watch the games. I find myself getting into the games and cheering louder than other parents. Alec is doing great in it. It's been a challenge for him to hit the ball sometimes. The pitchers are kids his age and some of them struggle to pitch a good pitch. It's kinda scary to be up there to bat when you know that the pitcher does not have a good aim and sometimes uses the batter as the target! But last nights game was Alec's best one. He actually hit the ball in the outfield and got a double! And then ended up making it to home! He was on cloud nine all night long! Other times he got on bases was because the pitcher walked him to first or the catcher dropped the 3rd strike and he ran to base. All these little rules I didn't know about baseball are kinda cool! He has awesome coaches, he's building up his confidence and he's loving it! This is something I know he wants to do next year too!

2 comments:

Michelle Claire said...

Hey Cheri! I didn't know you had a blog! I invited you to my blog using the email address you had under your profile. Let me know if you wanted me to send the invite to a different email!!

Christina Brinkworth said...

You look so great!! HOT mama!! It's so great to see a picture of you and all your siblings. It made me think that I will never again have one of those:( Just us girls. Don't forget to email me that stuff.