"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass" Alma 37: 6

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Big Birthday that ended with a big..........Cut!

Well, my little baby Caidin turned 6 on the 12th. I can't believe how much he has grown! I would show pictures if my scanner would work properly so until then, you will have to use your imagination on how cute he really was and still is! He came out like a hairy little monkey and still is very hairy! You should see his lower back hair! It is really funny!

Caidin had a birthday party with his friends on the 11th. It was suppose to be a great big slip and slide party but it was only 60 degrees out! So we had some inside games, cake and ........some more cake! Just when I had enough of the craziness in the house and I was about to lose my mind before the mothers came to pick up their kids I sent tham all out to play. The sun was poking through and it was a little warmer for some outdoor games. We all had fun running around playing tag. Then they decided to play hide and go seek. They used the front porch as the base. Everything was going great, kids were having fun, I was destressing, and there were only 20 more minutes until the moms come and pick their kids up. Whew! I almost made it through another birthday party! I went inside the house to clean up the mess when I heard this glass break. I ran right to the front door and saw that the glass on the door was shattered. My heart sank, my stomache twisted and turned and fear started to kick in. Before I got to even ask what had happened, I saw my Calli standing there with her hand out, eyes in shock and her face pale. The other little 6 year olds were standing there with eyes wide open, mouths hanging down and in shock too. I looked down and saw the biggest cut I have ever seen on my baby's arm. Things were showing that were not suppose to be showing. Things severed that were not suppose to be severed. And I said a quick prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help Calli and prayed that it wouldn't be real serious - that their wouldn't be a lot of damage done to her. I felt like the world was twirling around me so fast. I couldn't think - all I know that I was the only adult and there were - which seemed like- a million little kids that need to go home asap. I very caring guy across the street came over - which happened to work at the ER but only stocked the shelves. He sat down with Calli, held her arm and was great support to her and me. I did manage to find someone to watch the kids until the moms came. It was a great feeling to know that there were a lot of people over from my neighborhood to help clean up the mess, watch kids and even offered to make dinner for my family! Thank you so much! I got her to the ER and they took her right back. To make a very long story short, Calli did great! The worst part of the whole ER stay was the 10 shots they put in her wound to numb her. She got 41 stitches, severed one tendon - with was a tendon that 90% of the population don't even have and is used as a donor tendon - cut the main tendon almost in half and the scariest thing is she was literally only a hair away from the main artery, and nerves in her arm. She was definately watched over and protected! She will have a slow recovery but thankfully she won't have to go through any hand therapy! She was one very lucky little girl! So since it was her left hand that got cut and she is right handed - I told her she will still have to go to summer school!!! I know, I am a mean mom! :)

6 comments:

Jill Hunt said...

Cheri that is so scary and I am sorry I wasn't there to help. I am so glad that in the long run she will be okay. Your prayer was definitely heard and I wish the best for her!

Sonja said...

Ouch! That really looks painful. I'm sooo glad that it wasn't worse. It does sound like she was watched over. So, does Cayden get a make-up party? :)

Jen said...

Oh my GOSH!!!! That's awful!!! I would probably have passed out! I'm glad she is ok!!

Sarah said...

Ouch, poor thing! I'm glad everything turned out to be okay though, very scary.

Anonymous said...

Oh Cheri, how awful for you and Calli! I am soooooooooo glad she will be ok!
Lenora

Cranberryfries said...

I know I'm way behind but I just had to say, yikes! I saw both your girls wrapped up the other day. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.