Our South Dakota trip was awesome!! I finally overcame my fear of driving long distances with my 5 kids! I did it all by myself. I am sure I had the Lord's help too! It was a great time! We stayed in the hunting lodge my mom and dad have in town. This is the first time in 10+ years that all of us have been together in our little home town! Some of the highlights were a rodeo, parade which included tractors, tractors, and more tractors, horse back riding, frog catching - I will tell about that story in a little bit - and catching up with some real good friends and old classmates! I loved growing up in my little town! There was 300 people in it and everyone seemed like family! We are definately going to come back soon! Maybe in August when the sweet corn and all the garden food is all ready to eat!!! MMMMMM!!!


OKay, so I tried to look for my pictures on my computer, and I guess that it didn't transfer from my digital camera to the computer. The digital camera is on the blink right now I guess this is what you'll have for now for pictures. Thanks to my wonderful and always prepared photographer sister, we have this pictures and the couple below too that I have already posted!

So, now to my froggy story....ahem....well, the kids caught this frog or toad or whatever it is and they wanted him to come back to Utah with us. I reluctantly let him come back home with us. My fear was that we all would get these nasty warts from it! Well, after we got home, Caitlin really loved the froggy! She would play with him all the time, in our little baby pool out on our lawn or she would play with him in her room in her play kitchen. I know that sounds pretty gross and all but I had to let her do it cuz believe me, I've played with worse and gross looking things than that!!! So after about a month, froggy came up missing. I had asked Caitlin where froggy went. She said, he's in his cage and went way deep in the dirt. She says, "Willy, I'm telling the twooth!" So I believed her cuz 4 year olds never lie!!! Hahaha!! So the next day I would ask her just to see if her story changed. Nope, still the same story. After a week, she said, he's lost in the house. Great!!! I do NOT want to find him! I was getting sick to think about what he would look like if I found him! I tackled and thouroughly cleaned all the rooms! I looked like a crazy cleaning lady! Well, today I found froggy's remains. I was in the bathroom and noticed the sink was plugged. It's been plugged for a while now. I just thought that maybe it was really slow for some reason - maybe hairs in it - who knows. But the word FROGGY poppped into my mind! I got my flash light and looked down the drain. Yup! Froggy coloring down there! I was real sicked out! I didn't want to poke him and pull him out. I didn't want to even SEE him! So I got my husband's wet vac and yup....you got it! I sucked him right out of the drain! Plus other hairballs and who knows what was sucked up too!! Those wet vac's come in handy!!! I'll be a plumber any day if all I had to do is suck out the scum or whatever out of the drain! So problem solved - froggy is found - probably happier now - and my sink works great!!! Yeah for me! I did it!!

So long little froggy! You will be remembered for your patience and tolerance of little 4 yr old hands!
5 comments:
Cheri,
That frog story is so sad! I could totally imagine you telling it in person though and it made me laugh out loud. I'm sure you're right that he's in a better place now and is happy. :) Good to hear an update from you. We miss you all there! Hope you're well!
Love,
Becky
Sounds like you had lots of fun on your vacation. You're a brave woman Cheri! I wouldn't have been able to get that frog out of the drain!
That is so funny, and gross! You are hilarious. We sure miss you guys.
Ughgh when I was at your place I saw the sink stopped up and almost volunteered to look at it but running short on time after completing the computer stuff and knowing Randy knows all that stuff I just didn't offer -- glad I didn't cuz soupy froggies ain't my thang!
No way! Good story, though.
Post a Comment