"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass" Alma 37: 6

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Food For Thought

"The highest task that man can have and the only one that can bring him happiness is to repsond to the Lord's question. When I left the Lord to enter mortality,I found his question waiting, and when I leave mortality to return to him, he will meet me with a question. When Adam left Eden, the Lord clothed his body with a garment and his soul with a question. Adam, where art thou? Does God not know? On the contrary, only he knows. In my weakness I lose my bearing. Like a child wandering in a forest I follow the whims of the moment and forget the way I am too caught up by my surroundings to follow the path. Not until a Father's voice calls do I wonder where I am. How shall I answer? I am here? But where is here? So helpless am I that I cannot say. But deep within I hear his voice and tremble, for finally there are just two places, with him or without him, and just two ways, toward him or not toward him."

I received this book from a dear friend and author of the book called "The Lord's Question". I really liked that paragraph because it really made me think of what my direction in life really is. It's simple, it's either toward him or not, with him or not. That simple but sometimes hard to do. I hope that I can keep on the straight and narrow path towards Him. By doing so, I know I will be blessed in many ways! Are we going toward him, or not........that's the question.....we are the answer......

No comments: