"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass" Alma 37: 6

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weight



Okay, This blog may seem boring to you all but there is one number one thing in my life that really gets me down....it's my weight. Anyone have that problem or is it just me? haha...I know a lot of people have that problem but I feel like I am the only one right now. I have 20 lbs to lose that I actually lost last year but gained it right back. I am so stupid for gaining it back! I am so mad at myself and want to go back to that weight so bad! But since it don't melt off over night, I am asking for your input! What is one thing that you do that helps you lose weight? Also, what exercise do you do that makes you feel like you are accomplishing something?

3 comments:

Jill Hunt said...

Well I still think you look great! I hate weight! It seems to consume us sometimes! Here are a few things I do that I think has helped me lose my baby weight more this time than in the past. Where I am right now after having Hannah only 4 and a half months ago is where I was 16 months after I had Jax. I have been trying to figure out how I lost the weight faster this time and I have come to this conclusion. The best way of course to lose weight is to burn more calories than you are taking in! What I have done is those 100 calorie foods have become my best friends! And they all taste yummy. I buy the Sara Lee 45 calorie a slice of bread so when you make a sandwich, the bread is only 45 calories where with other breads usually one slice is 100 calories or more. But when I want a snack I grab a package of something that is one hundred calories and those Skinny Cow fudgesicles are only 100 calories and 1 g of fat and are SO delicious. Another good thing which is SOOOO hard for me but is so good is to not eat anything 2 hours before you go to bed. I am such a night time snacker so this is one of my weaknesses! As of exercise, I am sure you know what is best for you! I am not one for the classes but I love the elliptical and I know that I burn about 250-300 calories for one half hour and I lift weights the other half hour. Cheri, I know you can do it and I know it is so hard to get back into it. Trust me, I have only gone to the gym like three times in the last month and it kills me, but that is when you say, this is a new week. Good luck and have a good trip this week!

Strawberry Girl said...

Hi Cheri!!

I focus on eatting small portions of high quality food, that keeps my weight just about right. Though I do want to get fit, (I love the elliptical too). Jill's suggestions are great, they have worked for me in the past as well.

~Annie

Christine said...

I'm no lightweight Cheri, but when I've had to lose my baby weight, running is the only way to go for me. Sweating like a hog is the only indicator for me that I've had a good enough workout. As for the food, I love to eat too much so basically I don't alter what I eat, I just excersize more so I can eat what I want.